New administrative and educational building complex for the Department of Economics at the university campus in Patras, Greece
Client: University of Patras
Construction costs: approx. € 7 million
The project involves the rehabilitation and construction of the 35.2 km long railway section between Beljakovce and Kriva Palanka on the Trans-European Railway Corridor VIII between the capital Skopje and the border with Bulgaria. The project implementation originally began in the 1990s but construction came to a halt and the project was left unfinished to a great extent. The Republic of North Macedonia secured funding from EBRD and EIB to revise the designs to meet the current requirements and to complete the construction.
OBERMEYER’s assignment embraces the provision of engineering services in both the design and the tender phase. The section has a total of 40 km tracks, 12 new bridges, 4 new tunnels, 25 existing bridges and 10 existing tunnels, all partly constructed, which require checking and optimization, two stations and 3 stops. The project adheres to the EU interoperability requirements and designs are according to the relevant both Macedonian and European regulations. The tender process to select a contractor for works and services ensures compliance with EBRD’s Procurement Policies and Rules; Works Contract is under FIDIC rules.
The scope of services includes the execution of surveys, the elaboration of all designs for civil works, electrification, signalling, interlocking and telecommunication, the elaboration of the tender documents for procurement of works and services and the Client’s support in the tender process to select a contractor.
- Geodetic (topographical) surveys
- Geotechnical Surveys
– Detailed design for all Civil Works (substructure, superstructure, structures)
- alignment – substructure
- railway superstructure
- retaining walls, culverts
- formation setting
- railway stations and halts, including buildings, platforms, and canopies etc.
- disposal sites / borrow pits
- Design of signalling and telecommunication systems
– Design of electrification system
– Technical Specifications for Interlocking and Communication Equipment.
– Electrification Design
- Technical part (arising from the approved designs)
- Legal part: Procurement Plan, Tender Documents, Prequalification Documents, Evaluation Reports, Special Conditions of FIDIC Contract