Transport infrastructure / rail
Southern Part of Railway Route 10, Rehabilitation of railway section Fushe Kosove – Mitrovica, Kosovo
Client: Kosovo Railways Infrastructure
Date: 2018 –
Construction costs: approx. € 75 million
The project involves the rehabilitation and construction of the 35 km long single railway section between Fushe Kosove and Mitrovica, as part of a wide-ranging rail reform programme to bring the sector into compliance with European Union directives. The existing Rail Route 10 has a total length of 252 km and connects Kraljevo (“SRB”) – Fushë Kosovë (“KOS”) – Goce Petrov (FYR Macedonia). 148 km of the route is located within Kosovo territory, providing a north-south connection between Leshak-Hani i Elezit. Rail Route 10 sustained significant damage during the period 1990-1999, some of which have been partially repaired. The Republic of Kosovo secured funding from EBRD to revise the designs to meet the current requirements and to complete the construction.
OBERMEYER’s assignment embraces the provision of engineering services in both the design and the tender phase. The section has a total of 35 km tracks, 18 bridges, 5 stations and 5 stops (16 platforms – new and rehabilitation of existing at Fushe Kosove, rehabilitation of 12 buildings and rehabilitation of façades in 4 buildings), 4 pedestrian underpasses, 7 tunnels, 52 culverts and 18 km of service roads. The project adheres to the EU interoperability requirements and designs are according to the relevant Kosovο and European regulations. The tender process to select a contractor for works and services ensures compliance with EBRD’s Procurement Policies and Rules; Works Contract is under FIDIC rules.
The scope of services includes the execution of surveys, the elaboration of all designs for civil works, electrification, signalling, interlocking and telecommunication, the elaboration of the tender documents for procurement of works and services and the Client’s support in the tender process to select a contractor.
- Geodetic (topographical) surveys
- Geotechnical Surveys
- Detailed design for all Civil Works (substructure, superstructure, structures)
- alignment – substructure
- railway superstructure
- retaining walls, culverts
- formation setting
- railway stations and stops, including buildings, platforms and canopies
- Design and technical specifications for signalling and telecommunication systems
- Design and technical specifications for electrification
- Technical part (arising from the approved designs)
- Legal part: Procurement Plan, Tender Documents, Prequalification Documents, Evaluation Reports, Special Conditions of FIDIC Contract