Transport infrastructure / rail
Modernization of the existing building and outdoor facilities at the technical base in Thessaloniki, Greece
Client: Alstom Transport S.A.
Date: 2020 – 2021
Construction costs: –
The project involves the modernization of the existing 8.400 sq.m. rolling stock maintenance building and the outdoor facilities at the technical base in Thessaloniki: Changes in the internal layout of the building to accommodate the new ETR470 trains, new bogie drop, maintenance and refurbishment works at the washing plant and its respective supporting facilities, new railway alignment and service road, including drainage, catenary and mechanical-electrical installations.
The scope of services includes the services for the architectural, fire safety, structural, electrical and mechanical disciplines for the building, and for the railway alignment, road and drainage design in the following phases:
- Final/permit design
- Detailed design
- Construction supervision
- As-built drawings
- Geodetic (topographical) surveys
- Geotechnical Surveys
– Detailed design for all Civil Works (substructure, superstructure, structures)
- alignment – substructure
- railway superstructure
- retaining walls, culverts
- formation setting
- railway stations and halts, including buildings, platforms, and canopies etc.
- disposal sites / borrow pits
- Design of signalling and telecommunication systems
– Design of electrification system
– Technical Specifications for Interlocking and Communication Equipment.
– Electrification Design
- Technical part (arising from the approved designs)
- Legal part: Procurement Plan, Tender Documents, Prequalification Documents, Evaluation Reports, Special Conditions of FIDIC Contract