Transport infrastructure / rail
Technical base facilities along railway line Dakar-Diamniadio-AIBD (Blaise Diagne International Airport) of the Regional Express Train (TER), Senegal
Client: Eiffage Rail / Yapi Merkazi S.A.
Date: 2018 – 2019
Construction costs: –
The project involves the construction of the Technical Base for a new high-speed railway line in Senegal, connecting the city of Dakar with the new international airport of Dakar, the Blaise Diagne International Airport. The technical base comprises two building complexes with a total of 10 buildings for the maintenance, repair, cleaning and storage of the rolling stock, systems control and also for the administration (offices), with a total GFA of approximately 25,000 sq.m.
The scope of services includes the elaboration of the detailed architectural, fire safety, structural and mechanical design of 10 buildings, the detailed road – parking and drainage design.
The design of the main maintenance building is executed in BIM environment, due to its complexity in terms of structure, equipment and networks, to ensure coordination between disciplines.
The design team adhered to the requirements of the construction site and adjusted the designs according to the incoming information from the construction site.
- Geodetic (topographical) surveys
- Geotechnical Surveys
– Detailed design for all Civil Works (substructure, superstructure, structures)
- alignment – substructure
- railway superstructure
- retaining walls, culverts
- formation setting
- railway stations and halts, including buildings, platforms, and canopies etc.
- disposal sites / borrow pits
- Design of signalling and telecommunication systems
– Design of electrification system
– Technical Specifications for Interlocking and Communication Equipment.
– Electrification Design
- Technical part (arising from the approved designs)
- Legal part: Procurement Plan, Tender Documents, Prequalification Documents, Evaluation Reports, Special Conditions of FIDIC Contract